How to Infuse Your Cocktails with Cannabis
Infusing your alcohol with cannabis doesn't have to be confusing.
Making cannabis-infused cocktails is becoming a new trend that is catching on.
In California, there are cannabis infused alcohols available for purchase. That's only if you live in California though. If you live elsewhere, you'll have to wait a little while before you start seeing cannabis-infused spirits. There's a lot of technical laws that make this area a bit complicated. In the meanwhile, you can take your favorite alcohol and infuse it with cannabis at home. All you need is a bottle of your favorite liquor and some cured cannabis.
Make sure that a little of the liquid is removed from your alcohol allowing for the plant material to be added. Simply place your pot in your alcohol and close the lid. The longer you let it sit, the better it will get. Some people like to pick the bottles up and give them a shake once a day.
When it's time to break open the bottle and make some cocktails it's advised to strain your bottle into another one. This will assure you have a clear liquid with no floating material in it. When done properly your alcohol will pull the green color of cannabis.
You can cannabis infuse vodka, rum, gin, or your favorite whiskey. Pretty much any alcohol canna be infused with cannabis. Cannabis infused margaritas, strawberry cough daiquiris, and gin and chronic tonics are all a hit with crowds that enjoy cannabis.
It's best to give your cannabis-infused alcohol at least two weeks to sit so plan ahead if you want to enjoy some intoxicating cocktails on your patio this spring. Remember that cannabis affects everyone differently. While you or a guest may feel very little someone else could feel totally blitzed. Check out the recipe below to learn how to infuse your favorite drinks! And to learn how to make infusing different substances even easier, check out the article “The Magical Art of Infusing” here.
How to Cannabis-Infuse Any Drink
The simplest way to infuse a drink with cannabis is to make a cannabis syrup that can be added in as big or little of a portion as desired to each drink. The process is simple to make this syrup as you will see below!
What You Will Need
- 3 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups of Water
- 2 Grams of High Quality Cannabis Nugs Ground and Cleaned
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable glycerine
- A Strainer or Cheesecloth
- A Container with Air Tight Lid Preferably Glass
- Bring the water and sugar to a gentle boil.
- Add the cleaned ground cannabis, cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature and add the vegetable glycerin. Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes on low stirring frequently.
- Let the mixture cool and then strain it through the strainer or cheesecloth into your preferred container.
- Simply add a teaspoon or two to your desired drink and voila you have a cannabis infused drink of your choice to enjoy!
We hope that you enjoy infusing your own drinks be it cocktails, coffee, or tea as much as we here at Viride have enjoyed sharing this information with you!